HCMC – On 24/05/2014, LIN Center for Community Development hosted the “Meet and Greet Event”, for the 2014 Community Initiative Program.
NPOs, companies and volunteers in the HCMC area attend this event to find appropriate partners who will work together to enhance the management and financial capabilities of the area’s NPOs. The program began with introductions of all those in attendance, followed by a discussion period where volunteers, NPO staff and company representatives had time to get to know each other better and gain a better understanding of each other’s needs and capabilities. After getting to know each other, the participants were able to give the “I CHOOSE YOU” card to their prospective partners.
At the end of the event, 9 NPOs were selected to partner with the companies and interns. These partners will work together over a four month period to develop a fundraising plan to provide a sustainable future for each of the NPOs.
LIN would like to announce the official list of teams for the 2014 CPI contest:
1. Nhan Ai Social Work Club – Rio Volunteer Group
2. Real Life Group – VNG Corp
3. Hoc Mon Social Center for Children Protection – Circle Volunteer Group
4. Change Club – Rainbow Volunteer Group
5. ICS – Organization to protect and promote the rights of LGBT – Mash Corp
6. Smile Group – BMC Corp
7. Thien Tam Huong Vocational Training Center – 4share Volunteer Group
8. Thao Dan Organization for Street Children – 4Plus Volunteer Group
9. Social Group in Nhi Dong 1: Happier – 5 Fairies Volunteer Group
After the Meet and Greet, Mr. Lâm Quang Lộc, lecturer at the University of Banking and a RIO- a Volunteer Group – group member, stated to the LIN representatives; “Because of today’s event, our group is very happy to have had the opportunity to learn about the difficulties faced by the NPOs in the city. The Rio group and its chosen partner, the Kindness group, will strive to make this partnership a great contest success”.
The first activity for the participating teams is to come to the LIN orientation meetings which will take place during the first two weeks of June. LIN will continue to provide contest updates on the website.
More information about Community Partnership Initiative 2014.
Pictures about connected meeting at LIN’s Fanpage